Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I kissed a man.

I didn't really do that but I thought my first post should have something eye catching.

Anyway, I'm sitting in Aerodynamics I and I just thought I should give Jack the gratification of knowing that his friends kind of somewhat pay attention to this shit. Jack I love you.

Side note: If Jack weren't a man, I'd propose to him ten years ago.

To the main point. While sitting here in my thrice-weekly aero-coma I have been contemplating what makes people happy and how to achieve said happiness. Now, I am not sad or depressed in any fashion and in fact I have quite a wonderful life. But I'm curious as to what people think make people happy. What do you guys think?

According to the late great Mark Twain:

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination."

2 comments:

NO NAME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NO NAME said...

It is a combination of serotonin and dopamine being put through various portions of the frontal cerebral cortex. As to what stimuli causes their release, that is relatively individual dependent. But, the general answer is that any particular stimuli can be learned to release those particular modulators- therefore, anything can make anyone happy if they tell themselves it should.

/curiosity.

Realistically though, I think that is the answer. Anything can make someone happy if they simply tell themselves that it should make them happy. Personally I go for learning, booze and orgasms. And sorry for the comment delete, I had accidentally referred to dopamine and serotonin as neurotransmitters when they are actually neuromodulators.